We are hiring a Nurse Director for our head office in Burnaby
The Travel Medicine and Vaccination Centre (TMVC) has over 25 years of experience offering high quality travel medicine, vaccination, and occupational/workplace health services. With 18 offices located throughout British Columbia, we are the largest private travel medicine and vaccination centre in Canada. We are looking for an experienced travel medicine and immunization nurse leader to organize and oversee all nursing operations of our company. Based out of our head office in Burnaby, BC, the Nurse Director will create a collaborative and efficient workplace with attention to quality standards and policies. Together with the management team, he/she will provide strategic leadership to ensure an excellent standard of care is provided to our clients.
TMVC offers flexible hours as well as a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience. Suitable for full time or part time candidates.
- Degree in nursing; Master’s degree in nursing or healthcare administration is a plus
- Proven experience as nurse manager or team lead
- In-depth knowledge of travel medicine and immunizations
- Valid CRNBC RN registration/CPR certification.
- BCCDC Immunization Certification
- ISTM Certificate in Travel Health (CTH) or completion planned within 1 year.
- Good working knowledge of computers including MS Office, email/web mail, web browsing, Skype, social networking.
- Bottom line/results oriented with a clear understanding of the interconnection between financial management and the delivery of high quality health care services. Experience managing financial budgets and/or working in a private sector environment is an asset.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Consult and collaborate with TMVC management team to determine most effective and efficient delivery model for travel clinics and other medical services.
- Provide strategic leadership for continuously implementing best clinical practices
- Directly oversee, manage and supervise staff of approximately 50 RN’s.
- Coordinate the recruitment and training of new nursing/medical staff. Will involve supervision and liaison with regional clinical nurse coordinators for TMVC offices outside Metro Vancouver.
- Develop learning modules and implement in-service/education programs
- Provide effective conflict resolution where necessary.
- Visit provincial TMVC offices to meet with local staff (ideally once a year).
- Working with the Medical Director, maintains nursing/travel medicine guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Prepare clinical resource/handouts and standardized TMVC medical documents
- Liaise with occupational health coordinator/pharmaceutical representatives/government officials including regional public health officers, BCCDC, Ministry of Health and Public Health Agency of Canada.
- Maintains documentation of patient care services by auditing patient records.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops/conferences, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Assist other members of the management team with developing and capitalizing on new business opportunities. This may include the geographic expansion of travel clinic locations as well as developing new lines of business such as occupational health services and workplace flu clinics.
- Cover on-call duties evenings/weekends.
- Cover clinics for last minute schedule changes if no other staff is available.
- Work in clinic as needed to maintain competency, both as nurse consultant and immunizer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.