Vaccines & Services
Please refer to our Price List for details on prices for vaccinations and services.
The Travel Medicine & Vaccination Centre provides the following vaccinations and medical services:
The clinics offer a complete range of vaccinations which are required or recommended for international travel including:
- Shingles Vaccine (Zostavax™)
- Yellow Fever
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis A/B (Twinrix™)
- Typhoid (oral or injectable)
- Travellers Diarrhea/Cholera (Dukoral™)
- Meningococcal Meningitis (quadravalent & conjugate C)
- Japanese B Encephalitis
- Tick-borne Encephalitis
- Influenza (Flu)
- Pneumococcal – 7 (Prevnar™)
- Pneumococcal – 23 (Pneumovax™)
- Varicella (chickenpox)
- Adacel™ (diphtheria, tetanus & acellular pertussis)
For governmental information regarding travel medicine click here.
All of our offices are officially designated by Public Health Agency of Canada and the World Health Organization as Yellow Fever Vaccination Centres. Only officially designated medical facilities are authorized to administer the yellow fever vaccine which is required for travel to many countries in South America and Africa. Every traveller receives an official vaccination certificate.
The clinics offer a wide selection of articles and information sheets on topics related to travel and health as well as specific country and region updates on disease outbreaks and emerging health risks. Information is obtained through a variety of sources including publications and bulletins from Health Canada, the US Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs, the US State Department and numerous medical journals.
We also sell a selection of Global Medikit travel health products including:
- First aid kits
- Mosquito nets
- Insect repellents
- Water purifiers and purification tablets
The Travel Medicine & Vaccination Centre offers a comprehensive on-site corporate flu vaccination program. Each fall our team of experienced health care professionals visits hundreds of companies to administer flu vaccinations.
We also offer routine tetanus/diphtheria vaccinations for individuals who have not been vaccinated in the past 10 years.
Reduced rates are available for groups of 20 or more employees. Please contact the nearest office for current prices.
More information on our flu vaccination program is available here.
Services offered to corporate clients include:
- Medical examinations to determine fitness to work.
- Pre-travel and pre-placement examinations for workers travelling abroad.
- Provision of pre-travel counselling services and immunizations at the company’s premises for groups of 10 or more.
- Travel health and disease prevention seminars for groups of 10 or more.
- Customized first aid kits and sourcing of other medical products for individuals and first aid facilities.
- Annual Flu and routine Tetanus vaccination services at the company’s premises.
- Hepatitis A and B vaccination clinics for employees in high risk occupations (such as food handlers and first aid attendants).
- Direct invoicing rather than having employees pre-pay.
- Accommodation of tight schedules wherever possible.
Every client who visits our clinic receives a personalized travel risk assessment consultation with our team of experienced physicians and nurses. Included in the consultation process is:
- Individual risk assessment to determine the traveller’s health risks based on travel itinerary.
- Evaluation of any underlying health problems (e.g. pregnancy, chronic illness, immunodeficiency).
- Location of travel (rural or urban).
- Style of travel (e.g. first class, adventure).
- Anticipated travel activities (e.g. animal contact, fresh water exposure, sexual contact).
- Duration of travel (short or long-term).
- Age (child, adult or elderly).
- Current immunization status.
- Status of infectious diseases and other health risks at destinations during the proposed time of travel.
- Risk-reduction strategies, including recommended vaccines and behaviour modification to maintain health.
- Strategies for the management of illness while travelling.
- Provision of routine, recommended and required vaccines.
- Malaria prophylaxis advice & prescriptions as well as prescriptions for other medications such as traveller’s diarrhea and altitude sickness.