Pack Your Personal Travel Health Kit
Assembling your personal health kit is an important step in preparing for your journey. The contents of your kit will depend on your health needs, your destination, how long you’ll be away, and the activities you’ve planned. Pack your personal medical kit in your carry-on bag so it’s nearby if you need it.
Your travel health kit can help you:
- Manage your pre-existing medical conditions.
- Prevent travel-related illnesses and health problems.
- Take care of minor injuries.
At a minimum your kit should contain:
- Adequate amounts of prescription medication in original containers.
- Copies of all prescriptions, including their generic names.
- Spare eyeglasses and contact lenses and solutions.
- Medications for pain, stomach upset, and coughs and colds.
- First-aid supplies, including bandages, gauze, antiseptic, tweezers, scissors and cotton-tipped applicators.
You can also buy customized medical kits at TMVC’s clinics. We offer the Adventure Ultralight Watertight first aid kits and a range of other travel medical equipment including mosquito nets, insect repellents, sanitizers, masks, water purifiers and purification tablets. Check out our travel accessories page here.