Preparing for Your Travel Consultation
When to book your appointment
The earlier you prepare for your trip abroad, the better.
- Most travellers should schedule their appointment at least six weeks before their trip.
- If you are planning a lengthy or multiple destination trip or are relocating, please schedule your appointment 8 – 12 weeks in advance.
- If you have a chronic health condition, it may be advisable for you to book your appointment well in advance of your trip.
Booking on short notice
We try to fit last-minute travellers in where possible. It is never too late to get pre-travel advice, and some immunizations provide rapid protection.
Length of your appointment
You can expect your pre-travel consultation to last from 45 to 60 minutes. Many travellers can get all the vaccines they need during this appointment.
Preparing for your appointment
During your appointment, be prepared to discuss your health history, including any medical conditions you may have and any medications you are taking or have recently taken.
Please bring the following to your pre-travel consultation appointment:
- Any immunization records that you have.
- A list of any medications you are taking or have taken in the past three months.
Going on your next trip
The vaccines and information you received during your earlier consultation may not be appropriate for your next trip. Why not schedule an appointment with one of our travel medicine specialists so you can update us on your itinerary and current health status? We’ll then be able to determine if you need additional vaccines and risk-management information.