We are hiring a Nurse Immunizer for our Coquitlam clinic
Position: Travel Nurse Immunizer
Location: Coquitlam , BC
Job Type: Part-time as needed. Must be available to work Wednesday afternoon and Saturdays
Job Career Level: Experienced RN
With locations across the province, TMVC is the largest medical facility in British Columbia specializing in travel and occupational medicine services and immunizations. Travel clinics are staffed by doctors, nurse practitioners, and nurses with a broad range of experience and interest in travel medicine. The company is privately owned and operated and was founded in 1991 in response to ever increasing demands placed on the public health system. Visit www.tmvc.com for further information.
The travel clinic immunizing nurse provides adult and child vaccinations and TB Skin Testing. He/she also provides general health advice to travelers venturing abroad, as well as any immunizations recommended during the consultation process. The RN works in a team setting with a physician, a Nurse Practitioner and administrative staff.
Education and Experience
- Must have Current/Valid CRNBC RN registration
- BScN degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years related nursing experience. Public health nursing experience preferred
- BCCDC Immunization Certification or ability to successfully complete certification
- Current CPR certification
Knowledge and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of immunology and vaccines
- Working knowledge of immunization protocols
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills required
TMVC offers a positive work environment where the travel clinic nurse is recognized as an integral part of the medical team. Our clients are most often healthy, happy people who are about to embark on a great adventure. We strive to offer excellent service to our customers, and we encourage them to have a safe, healthy trip!
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org