We are Hiring a Travel Nurse Immunizer for our Castlegar Clinic
Position: Travel Nurse Immunizer
Location: Castlegar, BC
Job Type: Part-time . Casual. Must be available some Saturdays.
Job Career Level: Experienced RN
The travel clinic immunizing nurse provides adult and child vaccinations and TB Skin Testing. He/she also provides general health advice to travelers venturing abroad, as well as any immunizations recommended during the consultation process. The RN works in a team setting with a physician and administrative staff but will take responsibility for the clinical operations (e.g., vaccine/supply inventory) of the clinic.
Education & Experience
- Must have Current/Valid CRNBC RN registration
- BScN degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years related nursing experience. Public health nursing experience preferred
- BCCDC Immunization Certification or ability to successfully complete certification
- Current CPR certification
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of immunology and vaccines
- Working knowledge of immunization protocols
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently and make sound nursing practice decisions.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills required
TMVC offers a positive work environment where the travel clinic nurse is recognized as an integral part of the medical team. Our clients are most often healthy, happy people who are about to embark on a great adventure. We strive to offer excellent service to our customers, and we encourage them to have a safe, healthy trip! To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.