Position: Travel Nurse Immunizer
Location: Castlegar, BC
Job Type: Part-time . Casual. Must be available some Saturdays.
Job Career Level: Experienced RN
The travel clinic immunizing nurse provides adult and child vaccinations and TB Skin Testing. He/she also provides general health advice to travelers venturing abroad, as well as any immunizations recommended during the consultation process. The RN works in a team setting with a physician and administrative staff but will take responsibility for the clinical operations (e.g., vaccine/supply inventory) of the clinic.
Education & Experience
- Must have Current/Valid CRNBC RN registration
- BScN degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years related nursing experience. Public health nursing experience preferred
- BCCDC Immunization Certification or ability to successfully complete certification
- Current CPR certification
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of immunology and vaccines
- Working knowledge of immunization protocols
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently and make sound nursing practice decisions.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills required
TMVC offers a positive work environment where the travel clinic nurse is recognized as an integral part of the medical team. Our clients are most often healthy, happy people who are about to embark on a great adventure. We strive to offer excellent service to our customers, and we encourage them to have a safe, healthy trip! To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Travel Medicine and Vaccination Centre (TMVC) has 26 years of experience offering high quality travel medicine, vaccination, and occupational/workplace health services. With 18 offices located throughout British Columbia, we are the largest private travel medicine and vaccination centre in Canada. We are looking for an experienced travel medicine and immunization clinical nurse leader to organize and oversee the medical operations of our company. Based out of our head office in Burnaby, BC, the Nurse Director will create a collaborative and efficient workplace with attention to quality standards and policies. Together with the management team, he/she will provide strategic leadership to ensure an excellent standard of care is provided to our clients.
TMVC offers flexible hours as well as a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience. Suitable for full time or part time (.6 min) candidates.
- Degree in nursing; Master’s degree in nursing or healthcare administration is a plus
- Proven experience as nurse manager or team lead
- In-depth knowledge of travel medicine and immunizations (or willingness to learn in a clinical setting)
- Valid CRNBC RN registration/CPR certification
- BCCDC Immunization Certification
- ISTM Certificate in Travel Health (CTH) or completion planned within 1 year.
- Good working knowledge of computers including MS Office, email/web mail, web browsing, Skype, social networking.
- Bottom line/results oriented with a clear understanding of the interconnection between financial management and the delivery of high quality health care services. Experience managing financial budgets and/or working in a private sector environment is an asset.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Consult and collaborate with TMVC management team to determine most effective and efficient delivery model for travel clinics and other medical services.
- Provide strategic leadership for continuously implementing best clinical practices
- Directly oversee, manage and supervise staff of approximately 50 RN’s.
- Support NP’s and MD’s in their clinical roles
- Coordinate the recruitment and training of new nursing/medical staff. Will involve supervision and liaison with regional clinical nurse coordinators for TMVC offices outside Metro Vancouver.
- Develop learning modules and implement in-service/education programs, making use of technology to deliver programs where possible.
- Provide effective conflict resolution where necessary.
- Visit provincial TMVC offices to meet with local staff (min. once a year).
- Working with the Medical Director, maintains nursing/travel medicine guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Prepare clinical resource/handouts and standardized TMVC medical documents
- Liaise with occupational health coordinator/pharmaceutical representatives/government officials including regional public health officers, BCCDC, Ministry of Health and Public Health Agency of Canada.
- Maintains documentation of patient care services by auditing patient records.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops/conferences, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Assist other members of the management team with developing and capitalizing on new business opportunities. This may include the geographic expansion of travel clinic locations as well as developing new lines of business such as occupational health services and workplace flu clinics.
- Cover on-call duties evenings/weekends.
- Cover clinics for last minute schedule changes if no other staff is available.
- Work in clinic to maintain competency, both as nurse consultant and immunizer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.